LED lights are the newest innovations in the world of our lighting systems. They are the latest forms of development from the incandescent bulb to the fluorescent lamps. LED light fixtures are now generally into the mainstream of our lighting system and they are chosen not because they make up the latest innovations but because of their many advantages. So what are the advantages of installing LED Armatuur light fixtures in our homes and establishments? There are far too many. Compared to fluorescent lights which are far more economical than the incandescent lamps, it can save you up to 30 – 40 percent savings compared with the use of fluorescent lamps. So if you are planning about putting up LED fixtures in your home but not sure if this is more practical, here are the benefits you should know about the Light Emitting Diode lighting system.
Common Benefits of Installing LED Light Fixtures Over Fluorescent Lights
· With regards to the savings on LED fixtures, you will be able to save up to 40 to 50 percent energy compared to fluorescent (FL) lighting. This is because these lights have 10 to 15 percent lower temperature than the FL so it consumes much less energy. Lighting on office establishments usually account to 30-40 percent of the operation bills. If you change all your lighting fixtures with LED that makes up the same value savings on the office’ operational cost.
· You won’t need to change bulb with LED fixtures unlike the FLs and the incandescent lamps. This is because LEDS do not burn out like fluorescent lights, do not have fragile parts, and have larger operating temperature range so you can even use them on very hot to very cold climate without the worry of burn outs. It can only burn if improper voltage is applied directly to their terminals.
· Fluorescent lamps (FL) have fixtures like ballast and starters which the LEDs do not have. FLs also emit heat that ranges from 95 – 120 degrees and LED has less than 10-15 percent of these values.
· Standard FLs generally operates at 3500 Kelvin (sometimes referred as Celsius) to be able to produce bright light and this value declines as the light gets older. With LED, it can operate from 3500K to 6500K with lesser electric consumption and very minimal drop of brightness. Also, the higher the LED bulb temperature gets, the warmer the white light the bulb will produce while the energy consumption remain almost constant.
· If you already have a large establishment with lots of fluorescent light fixtures in it, installing the LED fixtures will not really be a hard task. By just removing the whole FL fixtures, the LED light fixtures are ready to be installed. By just connecting their terminals and screwing the case on to the wall or ceiling, you can operate your LED light fixtures just like that. Usually, these lights are arranged in strips so there could be many LEDS in one strip. But for light fixtures, these strips are encapsulated in solid cases and you can choose any case designs to fit your room interior.
· FLs and incandescent lamps can break easily so you have to take absolute care in installing and cleaning them. LED lights fixtures do not use glass, no filaments, no vacuum seals and don’t have gases or chemicals like the FLs. They are purely made of Solid State Light construction which eliminates moving or breakable parts.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6955799